Building relationships with organizations who share our vision
Scouting relies on community partners to enhance the program and provide more opportunities for our youth to learn and grow. There are a variety of opportunities to partner with Crossroads of America Council for a mutually beneficial relationship. If you or your organization is interested in partnering with Scouting in central Indiana, see below for contact information to discuss a potential partnership.
Activity or program partnerships
The Council partners with community organizations throughout the year to offer Scouting programming, family discounts and “behind the scenes” experiences at attractions and events. Activities range from educational STEM experiences to “Scout Nights” at local sporting events.
After School Scouting
After School Scouting provides Scouting programming to nearly 3,000 youth in a nontraditional setting, where trained adult leaders prepare weekly programming and serve as role models. The program provides scholarships for registration, uniforms, handbooks and equipment to ensure students receive the full Scouting experience. The Council has partnered with local public schools, charter schools and community organizations for After School Scouting. Weekly Pack/Troop meetings, centralized events and camping opportunities are a few of the hallmarks of our program. Community partners are sought to provide leadership, materials and programming to encourage youth participation.
Sponsor an Activity
- Pinewood Derby: Over 1,000 youth turn a block of wood into their own personalized car and race against other Scouts.
- City Hike: 150+ Scouting families spend the day hiking and cleaning up the outdoors, then celebrate their efforts with a picnic afterward.
- Blue and Gold Banquet: Families come together for food, fun and fellowship to celebrate the birthday of Scouting!
- Court of Honor: Biannual ceremony recognizes all youth in Scouts BSA who have earned rank and merit badges.
- Camporees: An opportunity for youth in Scouts BSA to come together for the ultimate camping experience!
Sponsor a Camping Opportunity
- Support a Cub Scout’s Summer Camp ($200): Day camp at Camp Belzer provides an opportunity for youth to learn a variety of important skills including STEM, swimming, archery and environmental conservation. Transportation costs included.
- Support an Entire Family’s Campout ($200): Your gift will go toward families participating in the upcoming Family Campout. This is especially helpful for low-income Scouting families who may not have all the supplies necessary for camping trips.
- Support a Scout BSA’s Summer Camp ($350): Fund a week of camp at Ransburg Scout Reservation, where Scouts participate in exciting programs, such as Firecrafter, horseback riding and motor sports.
Interested in sponsorship opportunities?